Today was the day…
I got a date for jaw surgery! 😁 Yesterday I emailed the surgeon’s practice and this morning I got the rapid response. The next available date for surgery is Wednesday 17th June, so my berth is booked! There was a lot to arrange because on that day, apart from the jaw surgery, I wanted to get the implant done at the same time. The surgeon doesn’t do that so I made an appointment to see his assistant who will do it. In the end I needed to make a number of appointments that look like this:
- Friday 29th May – see the assistant surgeon to measure for my implant.
- Tuesday 9th June – see the Surgeon for the pre-op consultation
- Friday 12th June – see the orthodontist for him to prepare my mouth
- Monday 15th June – Have a pre-admission precautionary Covid-19 test
- Wednesday 17th June – 8am Surgery.
On Friday after I’ve seen the surgeon assistant, I’ll phone medical aid for authorisation for the whole lot of it. He’s written a letter of motivation to the medical aid, so it will be interesting to see how much they cover.
I spoke to the surgeon this morning. He’s such a nice guy. The best one in the country for this type of surgery. He is 73 years old, retired from Pretoria and now he does this because he is passionate about it. He’s done it his whole professional career. Orthognathic surgery!
So all of this is conditional to the Corona virus situation being stable enough for elective surgery. I am aware that if it accelerates, the surgery may be delayed. A Covid test is required 48-72 hours before admission to hospital.
June sure is going to be an interesting month.
Courage came and did a great job in the cottage bathroom. He’ll be back to finish up tomorrow morning and then will move over to Echo to help Mike with the electrics.
Winter has firmly set in. It’s been cold and tomorrow another cold front should arrive bringing with it more rain.
I backed up a lot of stuff on my computer. It is now safely on Mike’s portable hard drive. 🙂
Corona stats – May 2020
- Wednesday 20th – 803 – 27 deaths
- Thursday 21st – 1134 – 30 deaths
- Friday 22nd – 988 – 28 deaths
- Saturday 23rd – 1218 – 10 deaths
- Sunday 24th – 1240 -22 deaths (11100 totally recovered / 11054 active)
- Monday 25th – 1032 cases – 52 deaths (11917 totally recovered/ 11217 active)
- Tuesday 26th – 649 cases – 43 deaths (12741 totally recovered/10999 active)
Total cases: 24246. Total deaths:524
Each day the Lord pours His unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life.
These are the days.
Keep the smile going.
God bless you.
In His Grip,
Helga xx 🙂
1 year and 196 days