The Compilation of this register was made possible by the meticulous hand-written records kept by Kosie van Niekerk, youngest brother of my late father in law PJ van Niekerk and his daughter Elaine Hatley. David is the 10th generation of van Niekerk’s born in South Africa.
1. Stamvader – Cornelius Gerritz van Niekerk Arrived South Africa 1671. Married 1/4/1691 to Maria van der Westhuyzen.
2. Petrus van Niekerk married Maria Taillefer 14.11.1734
3. Pieter Cornelius van Niekerk B.27.11.1735 Married Christina de Bruyn 17-10-1762
4. Johannes Stephanus van Niekerk B.14-4-1770 Married Dorothea Maria Ferreira, widow
5. Ignatius Petrus van Niekerk B 16-11-1800 at Klaarefontein, Cape Colony. Married Susanna Magdalena Kock. Died 3-12-1883 at the house of C.A Minne
6. Ignatius Petrus van Niekerk Born 22-9-1829 at Uitenhage. Married 17-1-1852. Died 1-7-1903 at his own house Paardekraal Div East London.
7. Johannes Adolf van Niekerk Born 3-11-1860 Married 20-12-?? to Rosina Jacoba du Preez. Died 8-7-1915 at Mansfield, Kokstad.
8. Johannes Adolf van Niekerk Born 5-3-1893 Komga, Cape Colony. Married 1918 Kokstad to Louisa Sophia de Wet. Died 31-7-1949 at Lusikiki
9. Pieter Johannes van Niekerk (My father in law) (named after his maternal grandfather de Wet) B.2-3-1921 Kokstad, East Griqualand. Died 22-5-1998 (Sudden death on the operating table in Port Elizabeth while having an angiogram) Married Eve Estelle Daniel in 1946. Lusikiki. Eve died on 7th October 2013 (Ladies Christian Home in Cape Town).
10. Michael R A van Niekerk (my husband) (named after his mom’s dad and his dad’s dad) B. 28-2-1951 Mount Frere Pondoland. Married Helga L Sones (that’s ME!!!) 9-8-1986
11. David P D van Niekerk (my son) (named after his mom’s dad and his dad’s dad) B 1-3-1991 Fish Hoek Cape Town.