Black Friday For Sure


Today was the day…

We woke up to news that made our hearts sink to the bottom of our boots. I had actually seen it in the headlines of the Daily Mail last night but had it confirmed this morning across all the world’s media…


I felt so sorry for my Danish guest due to fly in with her daughters on Tuesday. She has cancelled, but, hoping for a change by Monday, asked me to block her days in case there is a reversal of  circumstances. At the moment it doesn’t look likely.

Things were going along just too nicely.

Most of my guests from now until the end of the year are locals. It was this Danish family who were flying in. I have a couple of other foreigners arriving tonight (Polish living in Zanzibar). Two Australians are due to come between Christmas and New Year but I think they are coming from Zambia so I’m not sure if they will cancel. For the rest it’s okay if the President doesn’t close inter-provincial travel. If he does, most of my bookings will go up in smoke. However, if that does happen,  I think there may be takers from within the Western Cape. We’ll wait to see how this pans out.

We will take it one day at a time and be grateful that it has been caught early. Also that it’s being called the Botswana variant and has not originated out of SA.

How quickly things change.

On a much lighter note, this message was sent around on one of the neighbourhood watch whatsapp groups. True story.

The wind has not been too bad. The rain came in a few drops. Perhaps there is more coming tonight. There was a rumble or two of thunder but the massive predicted wind storm has been less than expected. Hopefully the variant will turn out the same.

I’ve just come back from walking to the end of Echo and back. I’ve actually done a load of walking today. Mike and I walked the shops at the time we would normally be exercising – sea still too rough to swim. Then at lunchtime, I walked to the Afrikaans church to visit their Christmas Market where I found a few Christmas gifts. By the time I left to walk back it was nicely overcast with the threat of  a few drops of rain. The wind has now turned and is coming from the north. It’s not very windy – hardly the massive storm that was predicted.  I stopped by the cottage on the way up and turned on the lights ahead of the guests arrival in an hour or so.


Romans 8:25

If we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

Patience is surely called for.

The best is yet to come – we are only passing through.

Keep the smile going.

God bless you.

In His Grip,

Helga xx 🙂

This entry was posted in Apartment living, Day to Day Blogs and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.