Mike Tripped While Running

Today I didn’t go to gym, but got up very early and worked. Mike got up early too and went for a run. He hadn’t been away long when I heard him return. He came upstairs saying, “I’m leaking!” He had been running and tripped on an uneven paving stone, falling heavily onto his right knee, elbow and hands. Fortunately nothing was broken but he did get nasty grazes that bled for a while. I disinfected and doused with Mercurochrome. I think he will be very stiff tomorrow, especially his knee which was more bruised than the photo shows.

It’s usually me falling. At the moment, it’s treadmill only for me!

Today we had the cleaner at Echo, so with David at work, I went across and let her in and worked for a while there. Julian usually tells me about the things he buys for his part of Echo, but he didn’t tell me about this and it caught me out….

Lizard is fake. In the sunshine, it looked real! Cute!

Mid afternoon, I was  taking a break from work when suddenly a jet flew very fast and very low over our area. It was so unusual, it sounded like an airplane crash was about to happen. It was very un-nerving and I had a bit of an adrenaline rush. A short while later, it flew over again and disappeared. I never got to see it, but certainly couldn’t miss hearing it. A few moments after it flew over the first time, my cell phone rang. We have a little flat and the tenant was phoning to ask if he could call a plumber as water was pouring out of the geyser. Burst geyser it was. I will get the bill, but the flats have insurance for these things so will get refunded.

I am hearing Mike downstairs watching South Africa’s final T20 against Pakistan. I’m off to join him.

Micah 6:8

The Lord has told you what is good, and this is what He requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Good advice.

These are the days.

Keep the smile going.

God bless you.

In His Grip,

Helga xx 🙂


None today. If I don’t go early in the morning, it’s difficult to get there later in the day. I worked for 8 hours.


Day 85.


This entry was posted in Day to Day Blogs and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.