Today was the day …
That started off iffy. There are going to be days like this. I’ve said that before! It’s been 17 days since my operation and I’ve had 3 pretty gnarly days, the first one being the day after the operation when I was drugged to a Zombie state! The second was a week or so ago and the third was today. Today it was all about the food and there are two things that make it irritating:
- The novelty has worn off – I’m over soup and mashed avo.
- I haven’t lost any weight.
You can imagine that the second reason is the most frustrating. Jaw surgery – sloppy food only and my body says “no problem – I’ll adapt – you shall remain 73kg if it’s the last thing I do!”
Recovery here is a marathon and not a sprint so I have to be patient and move forward one step at a time.
Today was the day when 4 things cheered me up.
- I went to Echo with Mike and we measured the distance between the lights and down-lighters. The reason for this is that right now we can see them, but in the next couple of days, the ceiling boards will be installed and they will disappear behind them. We need to know where they are, so Mike mapped them out and we measured from the side walls so we can find them and cut holes for them. Mike in a mask because there was another team on the floor today putting in the metal rods for the ceiling.
- I went for a walk around the block. The Sun Valley Pond is doing really well. Nice and full after all the rain. As full as last July.
- I flossed my teeth! This sounds a bit arb, but this time last week, everything was so swollen in my mouth, I couldn’t get the floss between my teeth. Now I can floss all my teeth except the ones at the very back. I can’t open my mouth wide enough for those. Also, more stitches are coming out. Duh, I figured that one out. The stitches under the skin are the ones that dissolve. Once they’ve dissolved they break from the ones above the skin and they fall out.
- I had a wonderful phone call with Stacey. 😍🥰
One day at a time.
My friend asked me if I knew anyone who could tile her shower. I told her about Courage so he went to do it today. She sent me this photo. That’s our Courage!
It’s looking good!
So it wasn’t a bad day after all!
Corona stats – June/July 2020 –
- Friday 26th – 6215 new cases – 48 deaths (64111 recoveries/ 58139 active)
- Saturday 27th – 7210 new cases – 73 deaths (67094 recoveries /62293 active)
- Sunday 28th – 6334 new cases – 43 deaths (68925 recoveries/66753 active)
- Monday 29th – 6130 new cases – 73 deaths (70614 recoveries /71121 active – Active overtakes recoveries.)
- Tuesday 30th – 6945 new cases – 128 deaths (73543 recoveries/ 75009 active)
- Wednesday 1st July – 8124 new cases – 92 deaths (76025 recoveries/80559 active)
- Thursday 2nd July – 8728 new cases – 95 deaths (81999 recoveries/ 83218 active)
- Friday 3rd July – 9063 new cases – 108 deaths (86298 recoveries/ 87874 active)
Total cases: 177124 Total deaths: 2952
The Western Cape has had 67351 cases, of which 49362 have recovered. My suburb of Sun Valley has had 11. There have been 1156 new cases over the last 24 hours (up to 1pm today). This is the source.
2 Chronicles 15:7
Be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.
The best is yet to come.
Keep the smile going.
God bless you.
In His Grip,
Helga xx 🙂
1 year and 234 days