Today was the day…
I remembered my brother Arnold. He died on this day in 2007 – 13 years ago. It’s a painful day to remember . I dug out a couple of photos of us…left to right – Anne must have been about 9, Julian next 5, me about 3 and Arnold 7.
Here we are again…left to right me about 19 or 20, Julian, Anne and Arnold.
Arnold is hugely missed. If he were around, he would have absolutely been involved in the build. One thing I know for sure is he would want us all to be happy. One day we’ll meet again.
Today I had a work meeting and then Valerie Gail came to pick up some books and we had a good chat and coffee. I’ll be seeing more of Valerie Gail in the weeks and months ahead. 😉
I did just over three hours of work today and then went down to Echo where I got entangled in the chute (tiny tear in my top) as I edged my way up. The men were in full swing loading the truck with rubble off the stairs.
When Werner arrived, they stepped it up a notch and got most of it off…
This was yesterday…
This is today…
Tomorrow I think they will do the last little bit into Werner’s bakkie and then hopefully that will be the end of the chute! They were still busy when we left, so we walked up behind the house and I got this photo of it as we went…
Later we came back and I enjoyed the view from the balcony. I can imagine us spending a good amount of time on the balcony.
Mike and Courage gave the kitchen a big push. It’s all coming together.
Back at home, James the Gardener came and did a great job on the front lawn and verge. Glad that’s done.
Covid numbers in the Western Cape – 338 new cases in the last 24 hours.
Covid 19 stats – South Africa – country-wide…
- Friday 24th July – 13944 new cases (maximum we had in a day)– 250 deaths (245 771 recoveries/169 882 active)
- Wed 2nd Sept – 2336 new cases – 126 deaths (553456 recoveries/62750 active)
- Thur 3rd Sept – 2420 new cases – 174 deaths (554887 recoveries/63565 active)
- Frid 4th Sept – 2063 new cases – 115 deaths (557818 recoveries/62582 active)
- Sat 5th Sept – 1806 new cases – 101 deaths (561204 recoveries/60901 active)
- Sun 6th Sept – 1633 new cases – 110 deaths (563891 recoveries/59737 active)
- Mon 7th Sept – 845 new cases – 115 deaths (566555 recoveries/57803 active)
- Tues 8th Sept – 1079 new cases – 82 deaths (567729 recoveries/ 57626 active
Total cases: 640441 Total deaths: 15086
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His Word I put my hope.
The best is yet to come.
Keep the smile going.
God bless you.
In His Grip,
Helga xx 🙂
1 year and 301 days