It’s just under 7 weeks before Christmas! This is probably not something you want to hear, but if you are aiming for a low carb festive season, you’re going to need to do some planning. Banting Coconut Macaroons are here for you as a great little treat. Package them as gifts, have them with afternoon tea, serve them with dessert….the choice is yours. Riana, my amazing helpful ‘foodie’ friend found the recipe, tried it out and took the photos. Yip! She’s THAT kind of friend….sort of like did the blog for me!
(NB. I don’t believe in plagarism, so just to make sure you know, the recipe and directions have been copied and pasted from http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2014/03/17/sugar-free-macaroons/)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tbs stevia (Riana used xylitol)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Clean a large bowl with kitchen paper to ensure it is free of grease or oil, otherwise your egg whites won’t whisk well. Whisk the egg whites with the stevia/xylitol, to form stiff peaks.
- Add the vanilla and the coconut and gently mix to combine.
- Line a baking tray with a non stick liner or baking paper. Roll a spoonful of macaroon mixture into a small firm ball and place evenly on the baking tray.
- Bake at 180C for10-12 minutes depending on your oven and the humidity.
Riana blended the ingredients…
Absolutely delicious and ideal for Christmas! They look so festive with the berries!
Well done Riana! Thanks so much!
PS. Don’t waste the yolks. Riana put hers in the fridge ready for custard or quiche!
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him.
God bless you!
In His Grip,
Helga xx 🙂
Gratitude Pic…My home cooked Banting breakfast stack this morning…