Wealth doesn’t depend on all your material assets. There’s a lot more to life than the total in your bank account. I compiled 12 questions – I’m sure there are more, but with these I hope you’ll find that you are wealthier than you think! Make a note of which option applies to you. The scoring is at the bottom.
1. Happily married
2. Happily married, most of the time
3. Married, but it’s a constant grind
4. Want out of this marriage
A. If you are single…
1. I am single and loving it.
2. I would like to meet someone but am happy to wait for the right person.
3. Desperate to find someone.
4. I am very lonely and unhappy.
1. I have a fulfilling family life.
2. I don’t have family but have friends who make up for it.
3. My family relationships are complicated and quite stressful.
4. I wish I could move away from my family – they make my life a misery.
1. I have a circle of friends who I love to spend time with.
2. I have a few friends who I can turn to.
3. I wish I had more friends – finding help is difficult.
4. I am lonely and unhappy – I wish I had a friend.
1. I have something to look forward to every day.
2. I have something to look forward to most days.
3. I seldom have anything to look forward to.
4. My life is empty and boring.
1. My home, family and work circumstances are great – life is perfect!
2. I have my ups and downs but altogether my circumstances are great.
3. There are more bad circumstances in my life than good.
4. My life is terrible…every single thing in my life is bad.
1. I am a happy positive person who very seldom complains.
2. I am generally happy, but complain from time to time.
3. I’m bordering on negative, and complain when things irritate me.
4. I’m a complainer and generally quite pessimistic.
G. Physical Health
1. I am in good health – and strive to stay that way – I watch what I eat and I exercise. I don’t smoke.
2. I am in good health – but I am a smoker.
3. I have had some health issues, which I’m trying to improve or adapt to.
4. My health is terrible.
H. Self Acceptance
1. I have a good self-image and like myself.
2. I’ve always had a poor self-image but have worked on it and feel better about myself these days.
3. I don’t like what I see in the mirror, but have some really great qualities & talents.
4. I really dislike myself.
I. Emotional & Mental Health
1. I am happy 90% of the time and don’t take any medication for my mental health.
2. I am happy most of the time, & do not take medication for my mental health.
3. I am on medication for my mental health and it keeps me grounded and happy.
4. I’m struggling to stay happy and I’m not on any medication.
J. Can you sleep at night?
1. I sleep well with no sleeping tablet.
2. I sleep, but quite badly and I generally don’t take sleeping tablets but will if I’m desperate.
3. I take a sleeping tablet every night.
4. Sleeping is one of the hardest things for me to do, even with sleeping pills.
K. Outward Focussed
1. I love helping people – I find it satisfying and fulfilling.
2. I help people when I can – it makes me feel good.
3. I’m not really a people person, but will if I need to.
4. I need the help.
1. I believe in God and know that He loves and cares about me, so I feel secure in Him.
2. I believe in God but don’t think He has time for me -if I needed to I’d turn to Him.
3. I haven’t really thought about my relationship with God.
4. I’m an atheist.
1, score 4 points
2. score 3 points
3. score 2 points
4. score 1 point
(You can make halves if you want to!)
38-48 – You are WEALTHY beyond measure, Embrace every bit of your richness and appreciate every day. Most probably you have learnt that true wealth does not lie in your income or possessions but in the relationships of those around you. Keep on doing what you are doing and going through life with an attitude of gratitude.
27-37 – You have great pockets of wealth, for which you are blessed. It’s a good idea to focus on those and count your blessings, while working on some of the challenges you may have in your life.
20-26 – Life may have dealt you some blows resulting in you having some real struggles. Maybe your focus needs to be more on your relationships – strive to count your blessings and look for all the good things in life. Wealth, according to this test is achievable. A lot of negativity begins in the mind, so examine your thoughts and start replacing the negative thoughts with positive. The great thing about life is that it moves forward and changes. There are seasons and you will soon come out of a mediocre season and enter a fresh new one.
12-19 – I’m sorry that under this test, you have scored so poorly. BUT THERE IS GREAT NEWS! Wealth does not depend on the size of your home or your bank account, it doesn’t depend on what car you drive or designer clothes, you can start building your wealth immediately. Strive to sow into the lives of others. Love God, love people. Look at all the good things in life and start trying to focus on the positive. Think about what you are thinking about and start replacing the negative toxic thoughts with more positive thoughts. Read the Bible to discover a new start in life.
If you feel you didn’t score well, don’t stress, a new happy season is just around the corner. Choose to make some changes and start sowing into others’ lives. Therein a great deal of happiness lies.
Matthew 6 vss 19-21
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. “But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
God bless you!
In His Grip,
Happiness Pic…off to play golf with Mike tomorrow…