Today was the day…
I’ve recorded the very rocky access to our front door. We used to have 77 steps but now we have about 55 plus a few truckloads of rocks…
In this picture below, the bottom door is the basement door. The one bedroom unit is the next door up – you can just see it beneath the edge of the balcony. After that is the gap that goes under the house. Our front door is open and just beyond the scaffolding. There are steps as far as the middle door and after that it’s a scramble.
This will change of course. It’s just not happening now. What is happening now is my floor tiles have started being laid in my bedroom…looks just like wood.
I love before and after photos. The other day I saw a photo of between the houses, so I took a comparison photo for today…
I didn’t quite get the right position…but you get the idea!
Mike worked hard on the roof, getting the wiring for the solar in position. He will soon complete the house wiring and we will be onto solar installation.
As for me, I worked most of the morning. I had a chance to have coffee on the balcony and spotted Sue’s cat Cocoa in the tree…just chilling in the sunshine.
This week is week 6 since my jaw operation and I am just about eating normally. I don’t think I have steak in my immediate future and biltong will need to wait another three months, BUT my desire for a croissant and sushi will be soon be fulfilled. I’ve been eating tender protein such as chicken and fish and it’s going well. My plan is to celebrate on Wednesday with sushi! That’s still pretty soft but I haven’t had any in months.
Today I read that the Western Cape only had 600 new cases of Corona virus. This is down from more than 1000.
Corona stats – July 2020 –
- Monday 20th July – 9300 new cases – 140 deaths (194 865 recoveries/173590 active)
- Tuesday 21st July – 8170 new cases – 195 deaths (208144 recoveries/ 168 286)
- Wednesday 22nd July – 13150 new cases – horrendous 572 deaths (I heard 400 of these were in the Eastern Cape) – 229 175 recoveries/ 159833 active
- Thursday 23rd July – 13104 new cases – 153 deaths (236 260 recoveries/ 165699 active)
- Friday 24th July – 13944 new cases – 250 deaths (245 771 recoveries/169 882 active)
- Saturday 25th July – 12 204 new cases – 312 deaths (263 054 recoveries/164 491 active)
- Sunday 26th July – 11233 new cases – 114 deaths (265 077 recoveries/173587 active)
Total cases: 445 433 Total deaths: 6769
2 Thessalonians 3:5
May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.
The best is yet to come.
Keep the smile going.
God bless you.
In His Grip,
Helga xx 🙂
1 year and 257 days