Today was the day…
I got my dental implant opened. This entailed going through to the cosmetic dentist at 11:10am. He took the wire off and removed the little false tooth, leaving me looking like this…
I then went through to Cape Town to the surgeon who put my implant in during the jaw surgery back in June. He gave me a little local and cut open the gum to expose the implant, leaving me looking like this…
Then it was back to the Claremont to the same cosmetic dentist who put everything back together again. He also did an impression so that he can craft the temporary crown. Home again, looking like this…
I’m beginning to see glimpses of my future brace-less smile and I’m liking what I see. Next week Tuesday I return to the cosmetic dentist and he fits the temporary crown. And then I can get the braces off two days after that.
I was thinking about it on the way home that even though it’s been more than 2 years, it certainly doesn’t feel like it. With Covid-19 this year, the impact of the dental work has been lost behind my mask. It feels like 18 months.
So needless to say I didn’t get much work done today, but I did take a brisk walk into Fish Hoek to get a key cut. I got there at 4:15pm, only to find they close at 4pm. It was a good walk.
Covid numbers in the Western Cape –443 new cases over the last 24 hours.
Covid 19 stats – South Africa –
- Friday 24th July – 13944 new cases (maximum we had in a day)– 250 deaths (245 771
- Tues 24 Nov – 2493 new cases – 115 deaths (716444 recoveries/34725 active)
- Wed 25 Nov – 3250 new cases – 118 deaths (716444 recoveries/ 37857 active)
- Thur 26 Nov – 3069 new cases – 88 deaths (716444 recoveries/40838 active)
- Frid 27 Nov – 3370 new cases – 89 deaths (722876 recoveries/37687 active)
- Sat 28 Nov – 3198 new cases – 61 deaths (723347 recoveries/40353 active)
- Sun 29 Nov – 2563 new cases – 38 deaths (730633 recoveries/35592 active)
- Mon 30 Nov – 2302 new cases – 58 deaths (731242 recoveries/37227 active)
Total cases: 790004 Total deaths: 21535
I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever.
The best is yet to come.
Keep the smile going.
God bless you.
In His Grip,
Helga xx 🙂
2 years and 18 days