Saturday 9th August 1986 I walked down the aisle before a couple of hundred people and Mike and I said “I do!” If I knew then what I know now, I would have run down the aisle saying, “Where do I sign? Where do I sign?”
31 Things About Mike:
- He loves the Lord.
- He’s a man of humility.
- He has a great sense of humour.
- He’s a gentleman.
- He treats me like a lady.
- He’s generous.
- He’s kind to the poor.
- He’s compassionate.
- His carpentry is brillaint.
- He makes an awesome spaghetti bolognaise.
- He’s wise.
- He’s a great provider.
- He doesn’t make rash decisions.
- He’s a handyman of note and has saved us thousands of rands by fixing things himself.
- He’s a great Dad to our children.
- He’s sensitive to the needs of others.
- He’s flippin handsome.
- He dresses very well.
- He’s a great computer programmer.
- He has an amazing voice – fell in love with that voice.
- Of course he is intelligent!
- He honoured both his parents and mine.
- He has an amazing knowledge of the Bible.
- He puts up with my crazy desires to travel!
- He’s great company.
- He records movies he thinks I will like.
- He’s been a great comfort to me in hard times.
- He has always encouraged and supported me in whatever works I’ve done.
- He thinks ahead.
- He’s great with money.
- He has so often served me in a Christ-like fashion that brings tears to my eyes. He has been obedient to this:
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her.”
Thirty one years.
Praise the Lord.
Love you Mike!
Looking forward to dinner tonight!
#383 of my 1000 thanks is for every day of the last 31 years. Amazing!
These are the days!
Keep the smile going!
God bless you!
In His Grip,
Helga xx 🙂